When it comes to easy chicken and vegetable recipes this is the one! This chicken with potatoes carrots and broccoli type dish could also be in “weird things I eat” category. It´s pretty basic and maybe not that weird but it is definitely not something you would serve to your guests I think. 😀
Anyways, this is simple chicken with potatoes or chicken with potatoes and vegetables dish. And is something I have been enjoying for the last few Sundays for some strange reason. And it´s a proper comfort food!
For this chicken with potatoes and carrots or chicken with potatoes and carrots recipe I used mostrly potatoes, some carrots and a bit of frozen broccoli. Some veggies are easier to have frozen, like broccoli for me. I rarely use one whole head and then I have to think about to use the rest so that it won´t go to waste. But with frozen I can just take as much as I need and think about the rest.
There is just something about chicken with potatoes carrots and broccoli. And when you add broth on top it´s a match made in Heaven! If there is any broth left I have it in a cop on a side. It just tastes so good!
You don´t have to use broccoli for this easy chicken with broccoli. Cauliflower and even asparagus cut into smaller pieces work well.
For the broth for this easy chicken with bone recipes, I used chicken with bones in, a stock cube and carrots. Sometimes I like to add some celery too.
Chicken with vegetables and brothCourse: Savory dishes
2 chicken thighs with bone
8 medium size potatoes
2 handfuls of frozen broccoli
1 stock cube, vegetable or chicken
1 L water for the chicken + 1 L for potatoes
- Wash and peel potatoes and carrots. Cut potatoes into quarters and carrots into slices.
- Place water, chicken, stock cube and carrot into a medium size pot. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Then reduce heat to simmering point and cook until chicken is cooked through. This takes around 20 minutes.
- In another medium size pot add water and potatoes. Bring to boil then cook until cooked through. This takes around 20 minutes. A few minutes before potatoes are done cooking, add frozen broccoli. When potatoes and broccoli are cooked through drain the water.
- Take the chicken out. Remove skin and bones. Divide meat into bite size chunks.
- Add cooked carrots to potatoes and broccoli and mash lightly.
- Divide mash between two plates, top with pieces of meat and cover with some of the stock where chicken was cooking.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
For more recipes with chicken check links bellow!
Easy tagine with chicken and dried apricots
Lunch box – pesto pasta, grilled chicken, cgrilled tomatoes with greek salad
Sweet chili chicken with carrot mash, asparagus and tzaziki
Chicken skewers on bed of wild rice with grilled aubergine and zucchini with guacamole and yoghurt sauce