When it comes to easy chicken and vegetable recipes this is the one! This chicken with potatoes carrots and broccoli type dish could also be in “weird things I eat” category. It´s pretty basic and maybe not that weird but it is definitely not something you would serve to your guests I think. 😀
Anyways, this is simple chicken with potatoes or chicken with potatoes and vegetables dish. And is something I have been enjoying for the last few Sundays for some strange reason. And it´s a proper comfort food!
For this chicken with potatoes and carrots or chicken with potatoes and carrots recipe I used mostrly potatoes, some carrots and a bit of frozen broccoli. Some veggies are easier to have frozen, like broccoli for me. I rarely use one whole head and then I have to think about to use the rest so that it won´t go to waste. But with frozen I can just take as much as I need and think about the rest.
There is just something about chicken with potatoes carrots and broccoli. And when you add broth on top it´s a match made in Heaven! If there is any broth left I have it in a cop on a side. It just tastes so good!
You don´t have to use broccoli for this easy chicken with broccoli. Cauliflower and even asparagus cut into smaller pieces work well.
For the broth for this easy chicken with bone recipes, I used chicken with bones in, a stock cube and carrots. Sometimes I like to add some celery too.
Chicken with vegetables and brothCourse: Savory dishes
2 chicken thighs with bone
8 medium size potatoes
2 handfuls of frozen broccoli
1 stock cube, vegetable or chicken
1 L water for the chicken + 1 L for potatoes
- Wash and peel potatoes and carrots. Cut potatoes into quarters and carrots into slices.
- Place water, chicken, stock cube and carrot into a medium size pot. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Then reduce heat to simmering point and cook until chicken is cooked through. This takes around 20 minutes.
- In another medium size pot add water and potatoes. Bring to boil then cook until cooked through. This takes around 20 minutes. A few minutes before potatoes are done cooking, add frozen broccoli. When potatoes and broccoli are cooked through drain the water.
- Take the chicken out. Remove skin and bones. Divide meat into bite size chunks.
- Add cooked carrots to potatoes and broccoli and mash lightly.
- Divide mash between two plates, top with pieces of meat and cover with some of the stock where chicken was cooking.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
For more recipes with chicken check links bellow!