One of my favorite meals is my grandmas potato salad, pan fried cod with whole cherry tomatoes, garlic and parsley served with boiled asparagus. And this is pretty simple dish to make but sometimes I don’t have to make all the component separately. So, I simplified it and came up with this baked cod with garlic vegetables one pan meal! Needless to say, I make this often!
For this type of cod fillet recipes, I use fish fresh or frozen. Fresh is always better, meat is juicier and flakier. But frozen is just more convenient and because of the oil and the tomatoes on top, fish still turn out very juicy!
And for this type of healthy cod recipes I like to use rapeseed oil which is a healthier alternative. You can also replace it with water.
This example of simple cod recipes is just an idea of what you can make when you don’t have a lot of time. So, use any fish and vegetables you like. I tried this with broccoli, cauliflower..
Best way to cook cod it to keep it moist. So, use oil or tomatoes like I did.
I like this baked cod recipes healthy for leftovers too. So, usually I make enough fish and asparagus for two days. Potatoes should not be reheated, so I just boil some the next day.
If you like this type of easy cod recipes, leave me a comment, and let me know!
Baked Cod With Garlic VegetablesCourse: One-pan Meals, Savory dishes
400 gr cod (2 filles)
250 gr cherry tomatoes
8-10 medium size potatoes
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp chopped parsley + fresh for serving
olive oil for serving
1 tsp dried herbs (thyme, Italian seasoning, oregano..)
salt & pepper
- Chop garlic as finely as you can.
- Peel and cut potatoes into smaller bite size chunks. Place on a baking sheet (20×30 cm), season with salt, pepper, add dried herbs and some oil. Mix well and push to one side in the pan. Potatoes should take up a third of the pan.
- Place asparagus in the other end of the pan and coat with the oil and seasoning that is left on the pan. Place in the middle third of the pan.
- Cut tomatoes into smaller pieces. Place in a bowl, add parsley and mix.
- Place fish fillets in the pan. Turn them around to coat with the oil and seasoning on the pan. Cover fish with the tomato and parsley mixture. Season with salt.
- Sprinkle chopped garlic over everything.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 °C for around 30 minutes or until fish and potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of olive oil and more fresh parsley.
For more fish recipes check links below!