I lOVE burgers but not so much the heavy feeling afterwards. If you are the same, then I recommend you to try this Fish burger with aioli as it is VERY LIGHT in flavour!
For this fish burger recipe I am using cod. But any thicker piece of white fish will work.
What gives this fish burger with cod fish so much flavour is the coating on the fish. That little bit of mustard and mayo make all the difference. And if you have, I would HIGHLY recommend you use panko breadcrumbs for this fish burger. Panko adds more crunch and makes the food visually more appealing!
This fish burger recipe easy is so versatile too. You can dress the burger any way you like. I prefer the combination from the recipe. And for me, cutting icebergs salad makes a HUGE difference in how the burger tastes. It is just like different shapes of pasta taste different, even though its still pasta. But, try it and let me know if you agree!
What is great about this how to make fish burger at home is that you are using whole fillet of fish. This adds another interesting texture to the dish.
This is a very easy how to make fish burger from scratch. And If you want more recipes like these then leave me a comment and let me know!
So, I made this burger two days in a row. It was just too good not to! Let me know, which picture do you like better, evening or day one?
Fish burger with aioli
250 gr cod fish
100 gr panko breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs)
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp flour
Salt & pepper
2 hamburger buns
2 tbsp aioli
4 leaves of isberg salad
Ketchup & fries
- Cut fillet of fish in half. Wash vegetables then cut salad into thin strips and tomato into thin slices.
- Spread breadcrumbs over smaller baking tray and bake at 180 °C until lightly golden. This takes around 5 minutes.
- In a deep plate mix egg, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and flour.
- Dip each fillet into the sauce. Then place onto the breadcrumbs and with your fingers, press the breadcrumbs to cover each fillet.
- Place fillets in a baking tray or on a rack on top of baking tray to insure the bottom won´t be soggy.
- Bake at 180°C for around 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- To assemble – add a half of the salad on top of the bottom of a bun, layer over a few slices of tomatoes, place fillet of fish on top, some aioli and a pickle. Top with top part of the bun and serve warm with fried and ketchup.
For more recipes with fish check out links bellow!