Jump to Recipe
This is probably my last recipe where I am baking with fresh summer fruit for this year. This cake was supposed to be with apricots but I couldn’t find any good ones so I opted for the nectarines. But, you can use plums with plum jam, berries would be nice too.
Italian fruit cakeCourse: Desserts
200 gr caster sugar
125 gr plain yogurt
250 gr plain flour
12 gr baking powder
1-2 tbsp apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 180° C
- Grease and line with baking paper 22cm round baking pan. Allow eggs to come to room temperature before baking.
- Wash and slice the fruit into half moon slices.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and sugar then mix, using electric mixer, for around 10min or until light and airy. Add yogurt and mix briefly.
- In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add to the egg mixture in 3-4 stages, mixing briefly in between. Transfer to a baking pan.
- Add small dollops of jam on top of the cake. Cover top of the cake with fruit slices.
- Bake for around 45min or until cake is light brown. Leave to cool completely.
- Before serving, dust a generous amount of powdered sugar on top of the cake and enjoy!