This mixed berry crumble is everything I could dream of! I love when fruit still holds its shape and it is juicy and warm. For the crumble, I think I like it without oats and with crunchy almonds instead. And when you add fresh fruit to it and some good vanilla ice cream….just WOW!
Almond berry crumbleCourse: Desserts
120 gr plain flour
80 gr demerera sugar
Pinch of salt
Dash of cinnamon
120 gr butter
120 gr raw almonds
700 gr frozen raspberries
225 frozen blueberries
225 frozen blackberries
2-3 tbsp sugar, depending on how sweet you want the crumble to be
1-3 tbsp cornstarch, depending on how juicy you want the crumble to be
Fresh berries and ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Melt the butter and leave to cool slightly. Chop the almonds, not too finely.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt then add melted butter and chopped almonds.
- In a large bowl add frozen fruit, sugar and corn starch and combine using a spoon.
- Fill a 28cm round oven proof dish with fruit mixture then cover with almond topping.
- Bake for ca 45min or until the topping is light brown and the fruit juices are bubbling.
- Leave to cool a bit before serving.
- Serve with some fresh berries. I used blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and currants.