I baked this cake last Saturday and was blown away. It is so aromatic, fluffy and moist even one day after! I think I will have to make it again today because I can’t stop thinking about it!
Orange cakeCourse: Desserts
300 gr brown/coconut sugar
300 gr flour
1,5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
150 ml olive oil
1 orange-zest and flesh
1 orange for decoration
1/2 tbsp flour sugar
- In a large bowl, add eggs and sugar. Using an electric or standing mixer, mix for 5-10 minutes or until fluffy.
- To the egg mixture add sifted flour, baking powder and vanilla. Mix briefly then add oil and mix until just combined.
- Zest the orange. Remove skin then cut flesh into big chunks and blend until smooth. Add to cake mixture and combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 22 cm pan lined with baking paper.
- Cut the second orange into thin slices. Cover the top of the cake with orange slices.
- Bake in preheated oven at 175° C for around 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake come to room temperature then cover it with powdered sugar.