Jump to Recipe
When we are celebrating Christmas, New years, birthdays…this salad is always on the table. It goes well with roast meat-lamb, chicken or pork. It is also a great starter to have with prosciutto, cheese and other salads. But my favorite is to have it on a piece of Serbian bread, topped with prosciutto from Njegusi and more cornishons.
French saladCourse: Vegeterian
1 kg frozen vegetables-carrots, potatoes and peas
300 gr cornishon
300 gr mayo
150 gr creme fresh (pavlaka/gräddfil)
Lemon juice if the peas are too sweet
- If you can´t find precut potatoes, carrots and peas, cut potatoes and carrots into pieces as big as the peas.
- Fill a big pot with water, season with salt, add vegetables. Bring to boil and cook until cooked through. This takes around 20min.
- Drain the vegetables then spread out to cool or pour over with cold water to stop cooking.
- In a separate pot cook eggs until hard boiled.
- Chop pickles into small pieces, approximately the same size as the cooked vegetables.
- Do the same with eggs.
- Transfer cooked vegetables in o a bowl, add eggs, pickles, mayo, creme fresh and mix just until combined. Season to taste.
- Leave on the kitchen counter for around two hours, so that flavors have time to combine then put in the fridge.