I am not vegan but I had to bake something for a friend who is. And these cookies are absolutely spot on! Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside with runny chocolate chunks – a dream. And the combination of chocolate and salt blows my mind every time! If I didn’t know, I couldn’t have guessed that these are vegan. They taste just as good as any other chocolate chip cookie.
Vegan chocolate chip cookiesCourse: Desserts
3 dl sugar
1 tsp salt
1,2 dl coconut oil melted
0,6 dl plant milk
1 tsp vanilla
3,5 dl flour
1 tbsp cacao
0,5 tsp baking soda
220 gr vegan chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl add sugar, coconut oil and salt. Using a whisk, mix until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add milk, vanilla and mix until the mixture becomes runny and smooth.
- Add sifted flour, cacao and baking soda. Mix just until there is no more visible flour.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Cover with plastic foil and leave in the fridge to harden, 30 min or more.
- When the mixture has hardened, make between 18-20 balls. Roughly 1 tbsp each. Place cookies on a baking paper lined tray, leaving some space between.
- Bake for around 12-15 min.
- Leave to cool for a second then enjoy while the chocolate is still runny!