Jump to Recipe
After much meat and too many desserts I was craving something healthy with avocado. And that something healthy turned out to be this sweet potato chill with quinoa and black beans. In combination with fresh spinach and other greens, creamy avocado and light crème fresh it tastes so good and healthy. Perfect for after holidays overeating. 😉
Sweet potato chilli with black beans and quinoaCourse: Vegeterian
2 sweet potatoes
3 garlic cloves
1 red onion
2 stock cubes
8 dl water
1 can of whole cherry tomatoes
1 can of black beans
2 dl washed quinoa
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
Chill to taste
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
3 tbsp olive oil
500 gr baby spinach
300 gr mixed greens salad
A bunch of parsley
- Wash and peel onion, garlic, carrot, leek and sweet potatoes.
- Chop onion and garlic finely. Cut leek and carrot into circles and sweet potato into chunks.
- In a small pot bring water to boil then add stock cubes and cook until they dissolve.
- In a small pot cook quinoa according to the instructions on packaging.
- In a pot cook rice according to the instructions on the packaging.
- In a big pot, heat up olive oil then add chopped onion, garlic, carrot and leek. Salt and cook until onions soften up.
- Add tomatoes, sweet potato, quinoa, broth, turmeric, chill, cumin and nutmeg. Stir, bring to boil then cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook for around 30min or until sweet potato is cooked through.
- Turn off the heat, add drained black beans, stir and let it sit until the beans are warmed through.
- In the meantime, wash and chop parsley and cut avocados into slices.
- To serve, cover bottom of each bowl with spinach, add a couple of tablespoons of rice, chill, then some of the mixed greens salad. Top with a few slices of avocado, a dollop of creme fresh and some parsley.