Jump to Recipe
This is my grandma’s recipe for very easy and affordable plum cake. I don’t use plums as often when I bake so I really enjoyed this cake with plums. But even sour or sweet cherries, peaches or apricots work well instead.
Fruit cake with yoghurt/Serbian plum cakeCourse: Serbian recipes
5 tbsp sugar
1,5 dl olive oil
1,5 dl yogurt
250 gr plums fresh or frozen
2 tsp vanilla sugar or 1tsp vanilla
3 tbsp Rum
8 heaped tbsp flour
Pinch of salt
2 tsp baking powder
Parchment paper or grease with oil/lard and some flour for the baking pan
Powdered sugar to dust over the top
- Wash plums then remove stones and cut each half in half lengthwise. Mix in vanilla sugar and Rum.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a bowl, using electric mixer, mix eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- To egg mixture add oil, then yogurt and mix briefly.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Add spoon by spoon and mix in between. Stop mixing when there are no lumps and mixture is smooth.
- Line a 20x30cm baking pan with parchment paper or grease with oil/lard and some flour.
- Transfer 2/3 of the cake mixture to baking pan and spread evenly. Layer over all of the fruit then cover with the rest of the cake mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 °C for around 30min or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool then dust over with powdered sugar.
- Cut into big squares and enjoy!