This salmon quiche with peach salad is my version of a perfect summer lunch. Just the combination of buttery crust, silky salmon, cheesy filling and juicy peaches sounds like a dream. And I could go on! Asparagus gives lovely crunch, flavor of dill is very subtle and the lemon lightness up the whole dish and makes everything more vibrant!
I like this quiche warm or cold, so it´s great for leftovers. And It´s easy to bring on picknick too.
Instead of poached salmon you can use smoked salmon and instead of asparagus you can use broccoli or just skip the greens. For the crust, avoid adding to much water, that way crust will stay buttery and flaky.
For the cheese, I used gratin style cheese, but you can use any pizza or even mozzarella cheese. Depending on which cheese you use you might want to adjust the amount of salt you add to the filling.
Salmon quiche with peach saladCourse: Savory dishes
4 dl flour
200 gr cold butter
3 tbsp ice cold water
450 gr salmon fillets
A bunch of dill 3 eggs
3 dl cream for savory dishes/single cream
150 gr grated cheese
300 gr mixed greens (spinach, arugula, swiss chard..)
10-15 cherry tomatoes
6 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Add water to a baking dish, place salmon fillets and bake/poach until cooked through. This takes around 20minutes and depends on how thick fillets are. When the fillets are cooked through, discard the water and tear the meat into chunks.
- Cut asparagus into smaller chunks.
- To a baking dish where you will be making the quiche add flour and salt then mix briefly. Add cold butter cut into cubes and press with your fingers to combine with the flour. When you have a mixture that looks like wet sand with some big pieces of butter, add water and start bringing the dough together. If the dough doesn’t want to come together add another tablespoon of water. When you can for a boll it means that the dough is ready. Spread in the baking dish, up on the sides as well and try and keep it equally thick throughout.
- Leave in the fridge for 30minutes.
- Take the crust out of the fridge, make a few wholes all around using a fork. Prebake for 15minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
- In the mean time prepare the filling. In a big boll add eggs, cheese, cream, salt, pepper, dill and mix until combined.
- Cover prebaked crust with salmon chunks, asparagus then top with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200 °C for around 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool slightly before serving.
- For the salad, in a big boll add mixed greens, cucumber, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds and peaches. Mix.
- You can dress the salad right away with lemon juice, or you can use vinegar. I like to serve lemon slices so that everyone can add as much lemon as they like.