We were in Malta the first time I tried Ratatouille. I fell in love with the dish instantly! All the colors, textures, fragrant from all the herbs but still gentle tasting. Oh… Irresistible! Most often I serve it with salmon and potatoes. It goes very well with rice and some sour cream. Even with just a piece of baguette.. it is a joy!
Ratatouille with salmon and garlic potatoesCourse: Savory dishes
2 cloves of garlic
1 yellow onion
250 gr cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp Herb de Provence
1 tsp Oregano
3-5 tsp Ground paprika
- Chop the garlic and the onion finely, paprika in 2cm strips, zucchini and the eggplant into 2 cm chunks, tomatoes in half.
- In a medium size pot, on a medium heat, heat up the oil, add the garlic and brown it lightly. Add the onion and cook, under the lock, until soft.
- Add the peppers and cook, under the lock, until they get a bit soft-around 10 min. Stir every couple of min.
- Add the zucchini and cook, under the lock, until it gets soft-around 10 min. Stir every couple of min.
- Add the eggplant and cook, under the lock, until it gets soft-around 10 min. Stir every couple of min.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, herb de Provence. Cook under the lock for around 10 min.
- Add the oregano, ground paprika and cook for around 5 min.
- I usually serve the Ratatouille with oven baked salmon, pan fried new potatoes and some sour cream.