Jump to Recipe
This is our family recipe for healthy potato salad with olive oil, vinegar and onions. This salad is perfect to make in a big batch and have for a couple of days. It is great served warm or cold. And it goes with everything-fish, meat, cooked or fried and any green leaf salad!
Potato saladCourse: Vegeterian
2 kg pink potatoes or any firm potatoes
2 red onions
- Wash potatoes and place them in a pot, cover with water and season with salt. Place on a stove, turn the heat to high and bring to boil. Cook until cooked through or until you can easily insert a knife into the thickest part of the potato.
- Discard the cooking water and leave potatoes to cool just until you can handle to hold them.
- Remove the skin. Slice each potato into thicker slices.
- Chop onions into half moon slices, place in a bowl and season with salt. Scrunch them with your hands so that they release juice and become softer.
- Cover bottom of a pot with two layers of potato slices then add salt, olive oil, vinegar and some of the onions. Repeat until all of the potato slices and onions are used up.
- Add enough olive oil so that the potatoes are not dry but not too much so that the oil is dripping from the potatoes. Add salt and vinegar to taste. Potatoes would be silky and tangy and onions sweet and soft.