Growing up in Serbia, for the most part, my grandma would often make these fried peppers. So now I am sharing this fried peppers recipe, as it´s one of my most favourite ones.
During summer, my grandma freezes fresh peppers so we can enjoy them all year around. I don´t do that so, this time of year, when they are in season I make most out of it.
These are fried peppers with garlic or fried peppers with salt. I like to add a lot of garlic. It makes the whole dish delicious and looks good too!
You can serve these as is but these are also fried peppers with cheese. In Serbia we serve them with feta cheese made in Sombor. That particular feta is very creamy, almost like a mixture of Greek feta and cream cheese. In Sweden I serve these easy fried peppers with Greek feta. But these easy fried pepper recipes would go well with cottage cheese too.
As there are not many ingredients in this fried peppers with feta cheese recipe, choosing good quality ones is important. Look for pointy peppers. Those have thin skin and are perfect for this dish. Bell peppers wont work as well. You can use red, green or yellow. Sometimes I use spicy green peppers just for extra kick.
Fried peppersCourse: Savory dishes, Vegan, Vegeterian
8 pointy end peppers
4 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp chopped parsley
100 gr Feta cheese or vegan Feta cheese
2 pieces of bread
4 tbsp oil
Oregano + extra olive oil for the cheese
- Wash and dry peppers really well, using kitchen towel. Chop garlic and parsley finely.
- Add oil to a wide pan with high sides. Heat up to medium-high heat.
- Add pepper, cover with a lock and cook until one side is brown. Turn the peppers and cook until the other side is brown and peppers are soft. This takes around 10-15 minutes
- Before removing the lock and turning the peppers, remove the pan from the heat and wait a minute so that sizzling noise calms. Then carefully lift the lock on side. That way oil wont splash you.
- Transfer peppers to serving plate. Sprinkle over with chopped garlic, parsley and salt.
- Serve with Feta cheese and some good bread.