Jump to Recipe
This might be the creamiest burrito ever! Just the combination of avocado, eggs and potatoes is perfect enough. And when you add a few earthy spices and some mayo to it.. And that little bit of hot sauce makes all the flavors more intense!
Breakfast burritoCourse: Savory dishes
4 tortilla wraps
3 medium size potatoes
1 yellow onion
1/2 red bell pepper
5 cherry tomatoes
Oil 5 tbsp for the potatoes + 3 tbsp for the eggs
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
3 handfuls of spinach
Sriracha or any hot sauce
Japanese mayo or regular mayo
A few handfuls of arugula to serve on a side
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into smaller cubes. Place the cubes in a pan, cover with water, bring to boil and cook until cooked through. Drain.
- In the meantime, chop onion and pepper into smaller pieces. Cut tomatoes into quarters. Wash spinach cut avocado into strips. Crack open eggs in a bowl then beat them lightly with a fork.
- In a big pan heat up the oil to medium-high then add chopped onion and pepper. Cook until they soften up a big. Add potatoes and spices – turmeric, coriander, cumin and salt. Stir for a minute or two or just until spices warm up and become more fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In a medium size pan, heat up the oil to medium-high, then add tomatoes and cook until they just start to soften. Add beaten eggs, season and more everything around until eggs are cooked through. For the creamier texture, stop cooking the eggs while they still look silky and a bit undercooked.
- On a chopping board, place a tortilla wrap then spoon over a spoonful or two of the potatoes and paprika mixture, approximately one egg per wrap, a few spinach leaves and a few avocado slices. Drizzle over with the hot sauce and mayo. Roll into a burrito shape, cut in half and serve with some arugula salad on a side with a slice of lemon.