I love it when my husband cooks! He doesn’t do it often, probably because I almost never leave the kitchen, but when he does I enjoy it very much! This is one of his dishes that I ask for probably most often. I love combination of spicy mustard and sweet potatoes. It goes well with Schweppes lemon. 😉
Beef stuffed with onion and mustard, baked potatoes and tomato saladCourse: Savory dishes
8 cube steaks
1,2 kg medium size potatoes for baking
1 yellow onion
1 red onion
600 gr cherry tomatoes
100 gr mustard
Olive oil for salad
Oil for potatoes and frying
- Finely chop both onions. Cut tomatoes in halves/quarters. Wash, peel and cut potatoes in quarters.
- In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, chopped red onion, olive oil and salt. Leave in fridge until serving.
- Place potato wedges on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Lightly drizzle with oil and season with salt. Bake in a 220° preheated oven for around 30min or until potatoes are cooked through and lightly brown.
- In a small bowl combine chopped yellow onion and mustard.
- Place a tablespoon of the filling on to middle of one half of the stake, then cover with the other half and press lightly around the edges. Season with salt and pepper on one side.
- To a large pan add some oil and heat up to high heat. To hot oil, add stakes, seasoned side down. Do not overcrowd the pan. Fry around one minute on each side or just until cooked through. Don’t forget to season other side.
- Serve immediately with potato wedges and salad.