When you use good quality ingredients, simple tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich can taste divine!
Roasting vegetables brings out so much more flavour and sweetnes. So, lets the vegetables slowly cook in the oven and you will be amazed with the results!
If you like the soup to be smooth you can put it through a sifter. And for grilled cheese – more butter more better! 😀
Roasted tomato soup
1,5 kg cherry tomatoes
8 garlic cloves
2 brown onions
bunch of basil
5 dl/500ml vegetable stock
4 pieces of bread
4 slices of cheese
- Cut tomatoes into halves and onion into quarters. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C for around 40 minutes or until vegetables are soft. The longer you leave them in the oven the deeper flavour they will develop.
- Transfer baked vegetables to a large pot. Add a bunch of basil and mix using hand-held mixer until smooth.
- Add stock, chilli, oregano then bring to boil. Turn the heat down to simmering point and simmer for around 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, spread butter on both sides of each piece of bread, add two slices of cheese on top of two pieces of bread and cover with the other two pieces.
- Place on a hot pan and cook until bread gets some color and cheese melts. Press with a spatula ocasionally.
- Serve warm and enjoy!