These quinoa stuffed peppers are such an easy and quick to make vegetarian/vegan idea! If you have some quinoa over, which I do often, or even salad then you just need to do some mixing, stuff the peppers and then bake.
You can also serve these as, with some guacamole or even some melted cheese on top.
Quinoa stuffed peppers
100 gr quinoa
200 gr vegetable stock
3 bell peppers
100 gr crushed tomatoes (from a can)
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chilli
2 cloves of garlic
230 gr black beans (from a can)
150 gr corn (from a can)
1 tbsp coconut oil or any neutral oil
200 gr crème fraiche/pavlaka/gräddfil
6 cherry tomatoes
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Place vegetable stock to a small pot and bring to boil. Add rinsed quinoa, reduce heat to simmering point and cook until cooked through and until liquid evaporates. This takes 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Wash then cut peppers into halves. Remove the seeds. Brush inside of each with oil.
- In a medium size bowl add cooked quinoa, crushed tomatoes, beans, corn and spices. Mix well.
- Fill each pepper half generously with the filling and place them all on to a baking sheet. Cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes them remove the foil and bake for another 20-30 minutes or until peppers develop some colour and are soft.
- For the topping, cut avocado and tomatoes into smaller chunks and finely chop parsley. Mix to combine.
- Serve with a small dollop of crème fresh on top of each pepper half and some of the avocado and tomato salad.