For this potato salad I was using jung/spring potatoes but you can make this with potatoes all year around.
There is not much mayo in the sauce so this potato salad with shrimp has a light taste and is still very creamy.
Combination of flavours and textures in this potato salad with shrimp and fennel is so interesting! Onion and fennel give crunchy texture and bright flavours. Sun-dried tomatoes are essential! They add deep sweet tomato flavour. Also, soft texture which goes well with fluffy potatoes and crunchy fennel and onion. And they add a nice pop of colour too.
You can serve this potato salad with shrimp and sundried tomatoes as an appetizer or as a main course. As is or you can add some boiled eggs and a green leaf salad on a side. Arugula is always my choice.
Instead of shrimp you can add some boiled or fried chicken to this creamy potato salad. Or you can just skip the meat and have it as a vegetarian potato salad instead.
Potato salad with shrimp and sun-dried tomatoesCourse: Appetizers, Savory dishes
700 gr potatoes
1 red onion
1 small fennel
100 gr sun-dried tomatoes
300 gr creme fraiche/pavlaka/gräddfil
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice
250 gr peeled shrimp
- Wash potatoes. If you are using jung potatoes leave the skin on if you prefer or peel it. Cut into bite size chunks.
- Place potatoes into a medium size pot, cover with water, season with salt and bring to boil. Cook until cooked through. Cooking time depend on how bit the chunks are.
- In the meantime, cut onion and fennel into not too thin slices. Cut sun-dried tomatoes into strips. Chop dill and leave a handful on a side for serving.
- In a medium size bowl combine crème fresh, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are cooked through drain them and leave to cool just for a couple of minutes.
- In a big bowl add cooked potatoes, sliced onion and fennel, sun-dried tomatoes, most of the dill and the sauce. Using a big spoon mix to combine.
- Serve warm or cold with a handful of shrimp and some more dill.