Jump to Recipe
This last weekend was my husbands birthday and I wanted to surprise him with a dessert! His favorite desserts are Nutella and Ferrero Rocher so I combined the two and I made these cupcakes. These are very VERY sweet and VERY delicious! And way more fun to eat than a cake which I originally was thinking of making.
Nutella and Ferrero Rocher cupcakesCourse: Desserts
130 gr plain flour
210 gr caster cugar
42 gr cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
120 gr oil
120 gr buttermilk (I used 108gr milk and 1tbsp vinegar to make homemade buttermilk)
120 ml water
1 tsp vanilla
90 gr butter at room temperature
550 gr powdered sugar
180 gr Nutella
6 tbsp milk
12 Ferrero Rocker chocolates
- Line muffin tin with muffin/cupcake cases.
- Boil the water then add vanilla to it.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Add egg, oil and buttermilk and combine well.
- Add water and vanilla then combine well.
- While cakes are cooling make the frosting.
- In a large bowl add butter and Nutella and mix using electric mixer just until combined. Then add powdered sugar and milk in two stages and mix well in between.
- Pipe the frosting on to the cakes and place one Ferrero Rocher chocolate on top of each.