Most days I have plane yogurt in the morning. I am never hungry as soon as I wake up and if I have time I like to wait a couple of hours before consuming anything.
On days when I have time this is what I love to have! It is by far my favorite breakfast! Sweet and sour, of course 😉 And this is the combo-plane yogurt topped with a couple of tbsp of granola, 1 banana sliced, a tbsp of dried cranberries and a drizzle of honey.
Just a side note, honey in the picture is the one I discovered a few moths ago, Greek, of course! It is the richest, creamiest but mild in flavor honey I have ever had. I am mad about it!
Now, back to the granola 🙂 So, for years instead of it I would have plane Kellogg’s. But because I wanted to know the ingredients I was consuming I was looking for healthier option. And here it is. I hope you love it too!
GranolaCourse: Savory dishes
370 g oats
140 g almonds roughly chopped/almond flakes
75 g pumpkin seeds
75 g flax
75 g shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
50 g brown sugar
60 ml maple syrup or honey
60 ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
75 g raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Place baking paper on a sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, seeds, coconut and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl combine the maple syrup, oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients, combine then pour onto the baking sheet.
- Cook for 45 min, stirring every 15 minutes until it reaches even golden color.
- Let it cool then transfer to jars.