This is the easiest and the cutest cake ever! Comes together in minutes and….just look at those sprinkles on that velvety smooth frosting…ah… And the cake part is like a cloud of cocoa. Perfection!
Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and sprinklesCourse: Desserts
85 gr unsalted butter
145 gr brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp cocoa mixed with water
1 tsp vanilla in powder form
170 gr Greek yogurt
125 gr flour
40 gr cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
180 gr powdered sugar
50 gr melted dark chocolate
115 gr unsalted butter
3-6 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla in powder form
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175º C.
- Line a pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl sift and combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, using electric mixer, mix sugar and butter until wet sand like consistency. Add egg, egg yolk, yogurt, cocoa with water, vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, in three stages. Using a spatula, mix until just combined.
- Transfer the cake mixture to a pan and bake for around 20-30min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- When the cake is baked, leave it to cool slightly.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the frosting-butter, sugar, vanilla, chocolate, half of the milk, salt. Using electric mixer, mix until well combined. Add more milk if needed.
- Spread the frosting over the cake and decorate with sprinkles.