Jump to Recipe
This is a very simple recipe and I wanted to share it because this is something I make often. It tastes clean, healthy and light which is why I love it.
You get a lot of salad in this recipe. I like to have it on a side as I go because I like having same amount of salad, or more, to amount of sweet potato. And I can´t fit all the salad on sweet potato so…you get it! 😊
Also, this quinoa salad is great on its own and it never goes to waste. You can have it with grilled halloumi, chicken, eggs…
Baked sweet potato with quinoa salad and avocado toppingCourse: Vegeterian
2 sweet potatoes
1/2 red paprika
1 red onion
4 cherry tomatoes
1 small can sweet corn (150gr)
1 small can black beans (190gr)
Small bunch of fresh parsley
2 dl Quinoa
4 dl water
- Wash sweet potatoes, place them in an oven safe dish lined with parchment paper. Using knife, poke potatoes all around a few times.
- Bake at 200°C until cooked through/knife easily goes through. Time depends on the size. Mine were baking for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Wash vegetables and cut into same size pieces that match size of corn and beans. Add washed and drained corn and beans. Mix.
- Place water in a smaller pot, add salt and bring to boil. Once water is boiling, add washed and drained quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer under the lock for around 10-15 minutes or until all water disappears. Leave to cool slightly.
- In a big bowl mix vegetables with quinoa.
- Mash avocado with some lemon juice.
- When potatoes are baked, leave them to cool for a bit. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and open up. Top with salad and quinoa mixture and some avocado. Sprinkle over with parsley leaves.